Home Remedies for a Dental Pain
Dental pain is pain in the area of your jaw and face. It is usually caused when a nerve in the root of a tooth becomes irritated. However, other problems such as tooth infection, decay, or the loss of a tooth, can also cause dental pain.
Dental pain remedies can’t remove your dental disease at all, but can save you for some time.
Toothache is pain in the area surrounding the jaw and face. It is usually caused when the dental nerve gets irritated within the pulp. However, other problems such as tooth infection, tooth decay, or the loss of a tooth, can also cause toothache.
Some toothache home remedies help relief pain temporary but they don’t treat the underlying cause.
First of all be careful when trying these toothache remedies methods at home. However, most of these products are cheap and easily available in market.
1. Toothache can be relieved using cucumber
Make sure to refrigerate it before using it as it gives a soothing effect. Cut cucumber in to pieces and place it on the area of dental pain such that it is covered properly. Try to visit your dentist as soon as possible.
2. Toothache remedies used to treat sensitive teeth contain dried peppermint, salt water and oats
Place a little wad of dried peppermint leaves around the tooth or abscess, and spit out after a few minutes. If you repeat this procedure several times during the day, it should bring the abscess to the surface and open the mouth of abscess to drain by itself. Rinse with warm salt water which cleans the draining abscess and prevent the foul odor of abscess. Oats will work to draw out an abscess, but peppermint relieves dental pain as well.
3. Easing toothache using raw potato is helpful
If you have any raw potatoes in refrigerator, peel the skin and cut a piece such that it fits on the tooth that is causing pain. This gives relief to the pain temporarily.
4. Toothache can be cured with real vanilla extract
Some people suffering from constant toothache use vanilla extracts in two ways:
- For dental pains that are not too severe, use real vanilla extract on a cotton ball and place it on the area which is causing pain.
- For dental pains that are severe like if a person is unable to sleep due to it, such pains can be tackled by using a piece of real vanilla and applying it in the area. Though the taste would not be good, yet it would temporarily remove sensations in that area thus allowing you to have sound sleep.
5. Toothache can also be temporarily cured with help of tea bag, garlic cloves and ginger root
Here are few tips to ease dental pain using them:
- Use a wet tea bag, and place it on the sore tooth. This remedy has worked in 90% of the cases. In fact, you can keep a frozen tea bag on your tooth.
- Garlic Cloves placed on the tooth has helped ease the pain.
- Put a slice of ginger on the infected tooth, it helps relief pain and helps in healing the infected tooth.
6. Toothache relief using olive oil and cotton ball
Some people use olive oil to relief pain. Put a small amount of oil and slightly heat it for few seconds. Now pour the oil on the area of the pain and cover the surrounding area with cotton to soak the excess oil. Lie on your back for about 30 seconds so it drains down properly. Within some time, you will feel relieved from the pain. It also helps prevent ear infection.
7. Remedy for toothache using iodine
Sometimes a drop of iodine on the affected tooth helps reduce pain and stops abscess formation. You have to put few drops of iodine on the tooth and make sure not to swallow the solution.
8. Toothache remedies using table salt and warm water to reduce pain
Few people have experienced that using salt and warm water is highly effective in order to reduce dental pain. But the pain doesn’t vanish, rather it is reduced to certain extend. It is good for relieving all kinds of pain including wisdom tooth pain.
9. Toothache can also be eased using oil of oregano
Some people have found their pain relieved by using this oil. Oil of oregano has natural antibiotic properties. It should be applied on the tooth or the gum using cotton. There will be slight burning sensation but the pain will reduce.
You can also use Colgate Peroxy mouth rinse, if you have painful oral lesions. Sometimes Colloidal silver which is readily available in market can be used to relief pain because of its antibiotic properties. Put a drop under your tongue and swallow it. It can be used twice daily. Chewing cashew nuts can also cause healing of infection in few people.
10. Apply a warm wet cloth on the area of toothache, it gives temporary relief, but never do this on swellings as it might get worst.
Here are some home tested by people dental pain relieves. They say it helps! Maybe you should try it.
Anyway, you should be extremely careful making experiments with your teeth. But in this case it’s not so dangerous, because most of products you can use for ease dental pain are naturally which you can buy in any grocery.
1. Dental pain relief using cucumber.Instructions:
Cut a good enough pieces to fit on the tooth that is hurting or any pain on the body and it will take the pain away.
P.S.: Remember to make sure that it is refrigerated it’s a better soothing feeling.
(And get to the dentist as soon as you can)
2. Dental pain remedy using dried peppermint, salt water and oats.Instructions:
Place a little wad of dried peppermint leaves around the tooth or abscess, spit out after a few minutes.
If you repeat this several times during the day, it should bring the abscess to the surface, lance it with a pin and treat it again. Rinse with warm salt water.
Oats will work to draw out an abscess, but peppermint relieves dental pain as well.
3. Ease a dental pain with raw potato.Instructions:
If you have any cold potatoes in refrigerator peel the skin off and cut a good enough piece to fit on the tooth that is hurting or any pain on the body and it will take the pain away.
P.S.: Remember to make sure that it is refrigerated it’s a better soothing feeling.
4. Dental pain cure with real vanilla extract.Instructions:
I suffer from constant dental pain. And whenever they hit, I know what to do! There are two ways to go about this remedy.
1. For dental pains that aren’t all that bad, put some real vanilla extract on a cotton ball and place on the hurting tooth. it’ll numb it!
2. For extremely bad dental pain (cant sleep, eat, drink, etc.) swish around some real vanilla extract on the side of your mouth that hurts. It wont taste good, but it will numb it completely. And you won’t have trouble sleeping just because of that pesky tooth ache.
5. Dental pain remedy with help of tea bag, garlic cloves and ginger root.Here are my tips for easing dental pain:
– Use a wet tea bag, and place it on the sore tooth. This has helped me 9 times out of 10. In fact, I suppose you could keep a frozen tea bag in the freezer and use it on your tooth.
– Garlic Cloves placed on the tooth has helped ease the pain.
– Ginger Root – Shave a pies of and place on tooth. I hear that it helps with the infection, and it eased my pain, some.
6. Dental pain relief using olive oil and cotton ball.Instructions:
I have invented my own dental pain remedy: whenever I have a dental pain I use olive oil. Put a very small amount (probably just enough to cover the bottom of the cup or just a little bit more) on 10 seconds or until it is slightly warm to the touch get a spoon and have someone pour it in the ear on the side it is hurting.
Lay on your opposite side for about 30 seconds so it’ll have time to drain down. Your dental pain will hopefully be gone. This has worked for me countless times, even with an infected tooth. It also helps prevent ear infection. Hope it works for you!
P.S.: Please do not try to put it in your ear yourself; you will end up with a very slimy bath.
7. Remedy for dental pain using iodine.Instructions:
I was told by a friend that a drop of iodine on a tooth helps kill the pain and stop abscess. So far it works great.
Just remember to drop it on let it sit DON’T SWALLOW. Then brush after.
8. Dental pain remedy using table salt and warm water.
As many say, table salt and warm water is great, I used it and the dental pain didn’t completely go away but it’s nothing compared to the horrible dental pain it was at first. Works pretty well and brushing your teeth afterwards gets rid of the bad taste.
9. Dental pain relief using oil of oregano.Instructions:
I’ve had a lot of trouble with my teeth and sometimes no money for the dentist. Here are a few natural remedies for dental pain:
- Oil of oregano – apply directly to tooth or gum, tastes bad and burns a little but has natural anti-biotic properties.
- Colgate Peroxyl mouth rinse – for mouth lesions, contains mostly peroxide.
- Colloidal silver – this can be found at health food stores; also may have antibiotic properties. Hold a dropperful under your tongue and then swallow twice daily.
- Cashews/oil of cashew. I’ve heard that eating cashews can cause an abscess to heal. Hasn’t worked for me, but I know people it has worked for.
10. Relieving a dental pain with help of hot wet washcloth.Instructions:
Apply a hot wet washcloth to the areas of pain until pain subsides… repeat as many times as needed… It will amaze you… works for extreme toothache pain.